Friday 7 September 2012

3. CRB check, Early Years First Aid Certificate - optional

Legally a nanny doesn't have to have CRB check and First Aid Certificate. Personally I advise every parents to ask for these papers from their nanny. 

1. Enhanced CRB Disclosure 


The CRB check is a proof from the Criminal Record Bureau that your nanny hasn't done any illegal action in this country. If your nanny has lived less than five years here you can ask her to also give you a CRB check from the country she used to live before. I am sure the nanny sits in front of you is a genuine one but it is better to be safe than sorry. I've heard some horror stories about childcare workers (not nannies though) who did terrible things. So just to be on the safe side check the CRB records.

If the nanny doesn't have a CRB check you as the employer can ask for one on behalf of her. You must know the employee can't ask for a CRB check for herself. You have to request the CRB check. More information about how to request a CRB check from the Criminal Records Bureau please read this information.


2. Early Years First Aid Certificate

It might seem a little bit too much to ask from a nanny to have First Aid Certificate. Although it may seem true but I assure you it can come quite handy. Don't jinx it but in a case of emergency it can save your child's life. I used to think first aid knowledge is far too much to ask from a nanny - until I went to a course. That was the minute when I realised how much I don't know or have misinformation about certain situations. I'm truly thankful for my profession to made me realised how important to know the basic First Aid Rituals. 

If you want your nanny to be Ofsted registered she has to have or willing to take one. As this is an optional paper you ask from your nanny it's nice to offer to pay for the whole or at least half of the course. Same goes for the CRB check.  

As many Business holds paediatric first aid courses the certificates may vary. If the name, the awarding body's information and the issued time is on that it is valid for 3 years.

For more information and personalised help please contact me for a free quotation.


2 comments:

  1. In our simple life, The heart plays a very specific role. Now you are able to make your life healthy and it has no space for any type trouble. These all are possible with the help of AGBAZARA TEMPLE OF SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that cured my heart problem in a short time. you can also contact him on ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or call OR WhatsApp him on +2348104102662 and get your disease of all types cured with his powerful voodoo spell.




















































    In our simple life, The heart plays a very specific role. Now you are able to make your life healthy and it has no space for any type trouble. These all are possible with the help of AGBAZARA TEMPLE OF SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that cured my heart problem in a short time. you can also contact him on ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or call OR WhatsApp him on +2348104102662 and get your disease of all types cured with his powerful voodoo spell.




















































    ReplyDelete
  2. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Pediatric First Aid Course

    ReplyDelete